Date(s) - 12/12/2015
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Saint Clements Episcopal Church
THE GOALS OF THE INKSTER GRASSROOTS VOICES LISTENING PROJECTS ARE TO:
- Effectively document how corporate education interventions violate the human rights of Inkster’s working and low-income families and students.
- Unify the voices of an emerging national education organizing network that is working to address institutional racism that informs local and national education policy.
- Collect authentic stories (qualitative evidence) to align peer-reviewed research (quantitative evidence) strengthening the demand for our Sustainable Community Schools as a viable solution to help improve struggling schools.
- Strengthen relationship with Detroit LIFE Coalition, Keep the Vote No Take Over and the Journey for Justice Alliance.
The Detroit LIFE Coalition (DLC) is a program of the Detroit Youth Report (DYR). The Detroit LIFE Coalition is the youth empowerment program of the DYR and both are part of a national alliance of community based, and youth organizations dedicated to addressing the lack of investment in young people’s success on a local, state and federal level.
DLC Focus Areas:
- 5th Option
- Sustainable community schools study tour
- Legislative visits
- Listening Project
- Membership Development
For more information please e-mail us at DetroitYR@gmail.com or call 313-583-9395
Bookings are closed for this event.